Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Mother's Day and Mamma's Off Duty

Mother's Day was well...about seven months ago.  But my sweet husband gave me almost the whole weekend off.  He let me sleep in and was totally responsible for Brody.  The daily "grind" type things.  You know, those things that keep your sweet precious little one alive.  Well, he did them all and it was wonderful.  On top of that I've had THREE girls weekends/trips this year.  Thanks in large part to my awesome MIL who helped Greg take care of Brody while I was out of town and he was at work. 




In March I made my first trip to Round Top with my sister and some of her friends.  It was such a great time of wandering through junk.  Imagine the world's largest garage sale in a large field.  It sounds strange that this would be relaxing, but it wonderful to not be responsible for a single thing.  Seriously.  One of Sarah's good friends plans the trip and pretty much has the whole thing organized so that you don't have to think about a single thing. I wandered.  I ate a lot.  It was bliss.  So thankful for my Sarah who let her "little sis" tag along.  She's always been so good at that. 

 


 
 

And then just two short months later, I got to visit a sweet friend who moved to San Antonio.  I went with a couple of close friends.  We didn't do anything.  And again it was wonderful.  We did get pedicures which is always relaxing, but we just got to hang out.  Oh yeah and eat a lot.  It's a theme. 
 





 
 
And then in October I got to have a college roommate reunion in the great state of North Carolina.  A place near and dear to my heart.  I love being back there and hadn't been in years.  The girls have gotten together the past several years and due to life I've missed out.  But everything fell into place this year and I realized I can't let another several years go by again.  I love and miss these girls.  We are literally spread across the country now and it's just too important for me to see them when I can.
 










I feel beyond blessed to get to be Brody's mommy everyday, but these trips rejuvenate me.  Getting away is necessary.  They help me be a better mommy.  Not that I need 3 girls trips in one year, but I'm thankful for each moment. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment