Friday, July 26, 2013

A Week In The Life: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Many people do posts about their daily lives.  My daily life is pretty boring, but if you give me a week something interesting might happen.  This was such a week.  We'll start with the ugly.  I was changing Brody Bear's diaper last Saturday afternoon.  Knowing me you would think this was the ugly part, but unfortunately it wasn't.  While I was changing his diaper, Greg was playing around and making him smile.  I was closing the last tab on the diaper and POW.  And then pain.  I wasn't really sure what happened at first, but I realized that in an attempt to entertain Brody that Greg had popped his head up really fast.  The back of his head slammed into the front of my face.  When I went to throw the diaper away I realized my eye was starting to swell.  This was like five seconds after it happened.  No bueno. 

Yes, frozen peas actually do come in handy.

I looked like a Cyclops the next day at church.  #Yikes


This was Monday morning before any makeup.
This was after makeup.  I look like I'm rocking a ton of purple eye shadow, but I'm obviously not wearing
any eye makeup at all.  #toopainful

And yes, Greg felt terrible.  I loved that he kept telling me that it didn't look that bad.  I kept thinking that I hope it does look that bad or else I walk around all the time looking pretty pitiful!

Things started looking up mid week.  The good.  We met two couple friends for dinner and then went to a Shane & Shane concert at church.  Great concert and lots of fun.  LB hung out with Granna and  Grandad.
Shane & Shane

Thursday night, I heard Brody moving around quite a bit like he wasn't sleeping very well.  When he woke up this morning he felt a bit warm and he was not acting like himself.  Temperature:  101.6.  I made an appointment and sure enough ear infection #2.  The bad!  This poor kid who had never had an ear infection in his little life got two in the same month.  The very bad!  Praying his ears clear up and stay that way.  This Little Man makes me so sad when he doesn't feel good.
He looks SO pitiful in this picture, but he did perk up when we got some
medicine in him.  Oh, how I love this little boy!



 

2 comments:

  1. These are some sad looking pictures...glad things are looking up. Stay safe and well until Saturday!!!can't wait to see you!!
    Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may want to research common car seat mistakes. Your baby's chest strap is way too low and loose. The link has important information about this. Also, The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends children under age two should be rear facing. I pray you will pass on this information to other parents. Your baby is adorable so get him strapped in right! God Bless!

    http://www.treadingragingwaters.com/2012/02/11-deadly-mistakes-you-didnt-know-you.html

    ReplyDelete