Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Day of Decadence


We celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary on Sunday.  We lived it up and took the entire day to celebrate sans Precious Little Munchkin.  Here he is looking a bit like a pimp while playing with a stuffed animal.
Of course we talked about how this is such a happy anniversary because we have him in our lives as opposed to the past several anniversaries.  Last year was a total SUCKO day because Jemma broke her back and we had to put her to sleep the next day.  The two years before that were good all in all, but man we really wanted to have little people in our lives, so it was still kinda hard.  So, in order to make up for all of that we took the entire day for just the two of us!  Greg totally let me sleep in, wake up and get myself ready.  That's it.  I literally did nothing else.  I didn't wash a bottle.  I didn't pick up a toy...nothing.  Well, I did of course pick up Brody Bear and give him lots of love since we were about to spend the entire day apart.  Aside from that, he totally took care of Brody including changing not one, but two poppy diapers (yes, both before 9 am...he poops A LOT) and packing his stuff to spend the day (and night) at Granna & Grandad's.  We are so thankful for them and appreciate them watching and lovin' on Little Man so we could have such an awesome day.

We went to Bagel Cafe which is my favorite breakfast place and now a total tradition.  This sign was above our table and I thought it was appropriate for the day.




Then we went to a movie.  Yes, we went to a movie #1.  just the two of us 
and # 2. in the middle of the day.  So fun!  We saw Now You See Me which was very enjoyable and entertaining.  You don't need to rush out to the theater to see it, but I would recommend it.  It would make for a good rental. Then I used a gift certificate to get a pedicure.  Pretty much total relaxation and awesomeness for free.  Double score!  After that we went home to relax.  You know, because we had not gotten enough of that already. Greg read and I took a nap.  And as if our day had not been awesome enough, our evening plans were just beginning.  Greg had made reservations for us at a really nice steak restaurant down town and then we went to see Wicked!  







Dinner was super yum. I really think it might have been the very best steak I've ever had.  It literally melted in my mouth.  And Wicked was so good!  Everyone that I had talked to that's seen it said it's funny and it really was!  
The best part though was spending the day with my man.  I know I talk a lot about my Little Man, but Greg is the first love of my life.  He totally gets me.  He makes me laugh.  He's kind.  He loves me and our son and is so dedicated to making this family and our lives Christ centered.  I love him so much.  I'm so thankful we met at a Super Bowl party, said I love you for the first time standing outside of my apartment, got engaged looking like a ragamuffin (me, not him) and got married in a beautiful church by the bay.  And now in the six short years we've been married, through the ups and downs we've already experienced, I'm so thankful it's Greg...I couldn't imagine anyone else.

1 comment:

  1. And we got to spend a whole day and evening with Brody Bear! Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete