Sunday, August 18, 2013

My Little Human

Brody is officially one year old.  It is so hard for this mama to believe, but it's true.  I am so grateful for the past year of his little life, but at the same time a bit sad that he's already one.  His life is going by so fast and I try to just enjoy each step and each phase for as long as we get it.  The past year has been such a wonderful one.  I know so many people don't like the newborn phase, but even Brody made that easy for these first timers.  I can't express what a wonderful, funny, sweet, happy and silly ALL BOY Brody is pretty much all the time.  I love being a boy mom and am so glad that it was Brody we waited for all that time.  I kinda love him.  I Kinda can't get enough. 


 
 

Schedule:  Brody's schedule really hasn't changed much, but it is a bit more flexible.  He's usually awake a bit longer between each nap.  He's also a lot more flexible at bedtime.  He doesn't get fussy tired anymore and we usually lay him down when he's still pretty happy.  He'll talk to himself in his crib for a few minutes and then fall asleep.  I'm not lying when I say we have a true angle baby.  I know, I know...it's ridiculous.  Don't worry, I'm already expecting the next one to be a little terror.  He still takes two naps a day and each are usually around 1 and 1/2 hours long.




 


 
 




Food:  I totally thought Brody just might eat purees his entire life.  Well, not really.  But anytime I gave him food, since it was usually soft, he would just "hulk Brody" it in his hands and smash it to smithereens.  Of course everything in the world went in his mouth except the food I put on his tray for him to eat.  I realized he would eat some solids if I fed it to him on a spoon, but he was still kinda picky.  However "just like that" he decided he wanted to be a big boy.  The week of his birthday, he just started eating...almost everything I put on his tray.  Chicken was devoured.  He couldn't get enough blueberries.  It was crazy.  So, we've just been trying more and more new things.  It's been so nice that he can feed himself now.  Totally messy, but so nice.  Brody LOVES his water.  Seriously loves his water and probably more importantly his prized possession...the cup.  He drinks out of a sippy cup fairly well by himself and we've been working on using the kind with a straw.  He can do it, but he usually wants to try to tip the cup back in order to get the water out.  We're still working on it, but it's only been a day or two.  I think he'll get the hang of it.  We tried regular milk and it didn't go over great.  So, we're in the process of mixing it with formula and we'll just keep doing that until hopefully he'll just drink the milk on it's own.

Water monger.
 
Fish face.

Helping with the laundry.


He ended up in the pot all on his own. 

Clothes:  Brody is still wearing mostly 12 month sizes although he's wearing some 12-18 month.  Some of his clothes I think he'll be able to wear for a little bit longer, but some are getting small.  He's still in a size four diaper.  However, he thinks Daddy's closet is more fun than his.


















 
Developments: Brody Bear is talking quite a bit.  He says, uh-oh, dada, mama and tuck for truck.  He signs milk, fish, more, all done, baby, and dog.  When he signs dog he makes his own barking sound.  So far he doesn't do this with any other animal.  He often does hulk Brody on command and will wave, give high fives and fist bump.  He still claps a lot and will often applaud himself if we say he's done a good job at something.  Brody is ALL BOY and loves balls, trucks and trains.  He will play with his toys now like a big boy and will push the trucks around on the floor and makes little noises while doing it.  It's pretty stinkin' adorable.  Brody is not walking on his own yet, but he loves to use his walker and he walks all around the furniture.  He has only stood by himself a few times.  He really likes something to help him keep his balance, so I'm not sure how long it will be before he starts walking. 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 


One Year Check-up: 
 
  • 21 lbs. 12 oz. (32%)
  • 17 and 3/4 in. for head (14%)
  • 32 in. in height (95%)

No comments:

Post a Comment