Thursday, November 14, 2013

15 Months

Brody is 15 months old!  I would say his personality has been emerging, but has now emerged!  This kid is getting so big.  He is so sweet and becoming very independent or so he thinks.  Yet he is a total mamma's boy.  I know it's only going to last for so long, so I'm just enjoying it while it lasts.  I feel Brody can do a lot of things.  Greg says we're training him like a dog.  I guess I figure that's ok as long as he's an obedient dog.  Some of the things Brody is doing, I feel like he's been doing for awhile, but I want to makes sure I get it down that he was doing them by 15 months.

  • Signs:  dog, cat, please, more, baby, fish, want, eat, milk, airplane, car, ball and will sign them in context if I say them or if he sees something
  • points to his eyes, ears, nose, hair, head, feet, belly button when we ask
  • will close a door if I ask him to
  • will smile really big if I say "cheese"
  • will make a frown face when we ask for a mad/sad face
  • turns the pages of books with both fingers like a little adult
  • will bring me books to read and sit in my lap
  • when he wants me to read it again he takes it out of my hand and then gives it back to me
  • is very helpful with getting dressed (most of the time)
  • is usually pretty responsive to the "n" word (NO) and will point to what he's not supposed to touch
  • likes a lot of food and is a good eater
  • waves "hi" and "bye" and is very friendly and will wave at strangers (especially other little kids)
  • blows kisses and says "mough" like a smooch
  • gives real kisses (the very wet and slobbery open mouth kind that will melt a mamma's heart)
  • will run up to me and hug my legs
  • likes to walk on my feet
  • when you ask him how big he is, he'll put his hands up over his head like "so big"
  • says Dada, mama and bye bye, but mostly talks in his own little gibberish language
  • points a lot
  • loves crawling back and forth on the couch
  • gives high fives
  • blows on his food to cool it off
  • he likes to "get loose" and will move his arms around like stretching (which he's seen daddy do)
  • will still do "holding" and "false start" and thinks it's funny
  • got his one year molars


Remotes are the best!

 


 


 



Brody loves to look out the windows when Daddy is outside mowing the grass.

And sweet Daddy makes silly faces at us through the window.


Brody LOVES my baking cabinet.


 


 


Watching a little football after church.


We loved getting a package from Nana.


And moving around the chairs in the dining room became a great
source of entertainment.


 


Brody loves going for walks.


 


We arrived a little early for an appointment, so I let Brody
loose in the car.


 


 


 


Brody loves the park, but not the sun in his eyes.


My silly boy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment