Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day & More

Greg had been very sweet about Mother's Day during our struggle with infertility .  For the past two years he's bought me a very sweet MD card as encouragement that ONE DAY I will get to experience being a mom.  Sometimes it truly seemed THAT DAY would never come which is what made this MD so sweet.  I know my baby is not in the world yet, but oh man did we celebrate like he was.  Greg surprised me when a few weeks ago he started talking about my MD present.  I was impressed that he had given it any thought yet and even more surprised that he had even done a sister consult...this was serious business.  It ended up the present he was going to buy me was something I really don't think is "me"-a Pandora bracelet.  But what a thoughtful gift!?  Anyway, he decided to do something special (and totally more "me") and plant a lemon tree.  So, I know that probably sounds so weird to most people (give up jewelry for a plant?) but I LOVED the idea.  I've really been wanting one (believe it or not) for awhile, so when he suggested he would do that for my MD gift, I thought it was perfecto.  However, one day last week he came home with a Hobby Lobby bag and told me I was not allowed to look because it was part of my MD present.  WHAT?  There's more?  I was very intrigued...was he going to make me something?  On our way to church Sunday morning, he hands me a package and said that this was the "secret" part of my MD gift.  I unwrap it to find a message in a bottle.  I (BIG mistake) decide to read it then and there (on our way to church with NO Kleenex in the car).  It must have been THE sweetest letter he's ever written me (not that there's been too many to compare it to but I'll take what I can get).  It just made me EXTRA grateful that not only am I going to become a mother soon, but that I've got such a sweet and caring hubby to share it with.  (Man, I've got to come up with something good for Father's Day).


Greg & Gary also made all the Kraus women dinner on Sunday night.  I love that this picture captures what happens when you leave it to a man to decide the size of the burgers...they were HUGE! 



Here is Brody at 26 weeks celebrating MD with me.



The "more" part of this post includes my first shower the Friday before MD.  My English Department at school gave me a little get together in honor of Baby K.  They were so generous and gave us our car seat.  We also got some cute outfits, bath stuff, organizers and one of my personal favorite things so far (and Jemma's too)...Mortimer the Moose. 








   

1 comment:

  1. Oh how happy and wonderful this post is!!! God has surely blessed you.I am loving that there is so much happiness in your life right now...I can't stop smiling when I see how happy you are. Greg, thanks for loving my girl so much!!!

    ReplyDelete