Wednesday, June 19, 2013

When Mommy's Away the Boys will Play

There are two sides to every story.  While I'm sure everyone loved reading Emily's New York blog that detailed her birthday trip with her mom and sisters, you probably found yourself asking, "Where's Brody?  Surely Emily didn't leave him with Greg for 5 straight days, while she lived it up in New York!?"  I've hacked in to our family blog to let you know that that's exactly what happened.  After I helped load Emily into the tricked out BMW that picked her up and took her to the airport, I went back in the house, shut the front door, put both hands on my face, and screamed just like Kevin did in Home Alone.  Actually I didn't, and the reason I didn't is because Brody is the most awesome baby in the world.  I will admit that I was a little nervous about Emily being gone for so long, but I knew that Brody would make it as easy on me as he possibly could.  Below are some pictures from our fun week:


The fun was just beginning!
 
Brody's first wrestling lesson...he pinned me!
 
 
Why are you feeding me?
 
 
While Emily was gone, Brody learned how to crawl to the bathroom
as I prepare the tub for bath time.
 
 


He also learned how to pull himself up in his crib.


 

With Emily gone, it was time to eat at the places we love, but she hates...first stop was
Black Eyed Pea




Brody carried his shorts all the way from his room to the game room.
 


As a reward he got to watch his favorite show...Signing Time!




More play time!


Karis, Tyson, and Parker invited Brody and I to the park for some
Saturday morning fun.

 
Without mommy there Brody got to swing extra high!
 

Brody and I got caught in a crazy thunderstorm after church on Sunday afternoon.
You can tell he was a little concerned.
 
 
It never rains when mommy is around.  I hope she comes back very soon!


Several closing thoughts...first, thanks to my mom and dad for watching Brody when I was at work, for taking Brody and I out to dinner most of the nights, and for arranging the fancy ride for Emily to and from the airport.  Also, thank you to my amazing wife for staying home with our son everyday.  I have a tremendous amount of respect for what you do, and how easy you make it look.  I love you so much, and I'm glad you were able to take a much deserved trip to the Big Apple.  Lastly, I want to thank Brody for such an amazing week.  I love you so much and I can't wait to spend more time with you this summer!



2 comments:

  1. Fun post! We enjoyed our time with Brody and you so much. Brody is always so sweet to watch and Granna and Grandad love him so much. What a joy it is to watch him grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (This is actually Jim); Way to go Greg!!!I had no doubt that you would handle things with flying colors, and I'm glad that you had such a great time of bonding with your son. Continue to treasure the moments, because they fly by so fast. Love, Dad Tallman

    ReplyDelete