Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day & the Start of Summer Weekend!

We had a great weekend overall!  Time together the three of us, time with friends and time with family.  Best part?  It's officially the start of Greg's summer break!  Woo Hoo!

Two peas in a pod.



Pool fun!
With this being Greg's first Father's Day, I wanted to try to make it special.  I got up early to make him blueberry muffins from scratch.  When I took this picture on my phone this morning, it looked a lot better in my mind than it actually turned out.  But, #1.  they tasted a lot better than they looked and #2.  I think he was surprised.  So, winning. 

The rest of Father's Day was a lot like Mother's Day.  We went to church and came home and took naps.  Really though, there is nothing better than a Sunday afternoon nap.  We had decided to grill out again because it's just not worth trying to brave the crowds of Katy restaurants.  I know this may sound silly because Katy is not that big, but trust me when I say that us Texans are serious about our food.  No matter how many restaurants we get, they are always crowded.  This is especially true on holidays (of any kind).  So over to David and Cathy's we went.  Thankfully, Nanny and Paw Paw were able to come to.  Gary and Catherine were out of town, but Jordan was there because he was staying with David & Cathy.  It was a nice & relaxing time.





 
 
Greg, really is the best dad!  I don't think I can say enough good things about Greg as a dad.  He's caring, loving, encouraging, supportive and helpful.  And Brody is only 10 months old.  I know he's only going to continue to pour all of these things and more into Brody and our other children.  I can't wait to continue to see how amazing he is.  Love him so much! 
 
 
 
And I obviously want to send a shout out to my dad.  Love him bunches and bunches.  He is such a good man and was so encouraging and patient (Dad of three daughters kind of has to be).  He taught me so much and I owe so much to him.  SO blessed and thankful that he's my dad!  Rock and cornerstone of our family.
 
 
 
Happy Father's Day!
 
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment