Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Giving Thanks

Greg and I have an abundance to be thankful for this year.  We have an amazing family and great friends.  We were able to spend Thanksgiving in Pensacola with my family this year.  It is a tradition (started by my sweet Papa) that everyone takes a cernal of corn (the same ones we have been using for the past 20 years thanks to my thrifty Auntie K) and says one thing they are thankful for.  We used to take and say two or three things we were thankful for, but our family is so big now that we each come up with one (no pressure).  Some of the things people were thankful for were family, health and God's grace.  I obviously had one thing in mind to choose this year...yep, you guessed it...my son.  God's faithfulness to me on our journey to start a family has proven overwhelming.  Brody is such a sweet reminder everyday that God is with us, that he hears us when we pray, that he is the author of life and that ultimately he is in control.  I'm so thankful for so many things, but I've learned that sometimes it's the things we have to wait for that we appreciate the most.  Brody's first Thanksgiving was a great one full of great family time, playing cards and eating too much.  Brody was able to meet almost my entire extended family which was in and of itself a blessing to me.  The time went by so fast that I didn't get near as many pictures as I wish I had, but here are the ones I took followed by the ones we had taken by our sweet friends the Johnsons. 













 







 

1 comment:

  1. Look how big he is gotten! So glad you could spend Thanksgiving with family!

    ReplyDelete