Monday, December 3, 2012

O Christmas Tree

Oh Christmas, how I love you! Why do you only come once a year? I'm sure if it was more often then it wouldn't be as special. I actually don't believe this, but it is what I tell myself. But, since Christmas is here now, I guess we just have to soak it up. I, being a Christmas Eve baby feel an extra tight bond with the holiday. I love everything about it...music, decorations, cookies, and trees. Even though Brody will be very little for his first Christmas, Greg and I have been talking about traditions we want for our family. Some we want to continue and some we want to start. We decided the years we were going to be home for the holidays, we would get a real tree. We figured why stop there? Why not cut down our own tree? So, in starting a new tradition for our family of three, that's exactly what we did. It became a whole Kraus family affair which made it that much more fun! We headed to Dewberry Farms, picked out our tree and brought it home to decorate. Brody slept through most of it, but we have proof that he was there! And as you will notice from the pictures, Jack Frost was not nipping at our nose, but it was a breezy 70 in true Texas style. What a great day and fun family tradition that I will look forward to in the years to come.



On the hayride out to the trees.
 
Listening VERY closely for directions. 
 
 
It's a good thing for Brody that Dad was paying attention.


Found the perfect one!
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I need to come see you and Brody. He's growing up quickly!! He's adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun post.So glad you are making new family traditions. Little Bear is looking soooo grown-up!!! Love the pics. Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete