Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Ranch & 32 Weeks

We've been asked several times if Greg and I are going on a (becoming more and more popular) babymoon before baby Brody arrives.  We had decided early on in the pregnancy that we would use the summer to do what we wanted to do to the house, spend vacation time with family and skip the babymoon.  We are fortunate enough to get summer vacation to spend together.  To me the purpose of the babymoon is a chance for a couple to be together before the baby arrives and thankfully Greg and I get that for free!  Also, I like to go, do, see and eat on our vacations and let's be honest that I'm really in no position to do that without getting tired, my cankles coming out in all their glory and being paranoid about what I can and can't eat.  Like I've mentioned before we have a list of things we are trying to get done to the house and we are working our way down the list.  We are also having fun enjoying our time together and with family.  We spent this past weekend near Minneola on Greg's aunt & uncle's ranch for a Kraus Family Reunion.  Somehow sitting around doing nothing and eating way too much is exhausting.  Not sure how that works, but we did have a great time.  Thanks Janet & James for being such a great hostess and host!


R&R on the deck

Checking out the fully stocked lake

Jordan loved watering the grass



Not quite sure what to think of Uncle Jimmy


Nanny's awesome face when she caught a fish






Getting a lesson in bailing hay

Jordan getting to ride in the hay bailer...not sure if he wants to leave mom behind

Happy once the ride was over


What's a ranch without a dog? 
  With all the eating (food was flowing in excess-thanks Janet) I was scared out of my mind to go to my doctor's appointment on Monday morning.  Thankfully I didn't break the scale (I was seriously afraid that I had gained 10+ pounds in one weekend) and by the time I got to the doctor's appointment my swollen feet had returned to normal from the travel the day before.  With the weigh-in behind me, it was time for my Rh- shot.  Some people are familiar with this since they themselves have it or know someone who does.  Basically, I have A- blood and since Brody may be a positive blood type, I could start to produce anitbodies that fight against what they see as an intruder (the positive blood) and cause major problems.  The shot (somehow) makes it so that my body does not fight against this "intruder".  The shot is actually not for Brody since my body is not producing any antibodies yet, but for Brody's future siblings.  We don't want them being attacked, so we do one shot now during pregnancy and one right after Brody is born to prevent complications in the future.  Speaking of complications, Brody is still being a stinker and has not turned, so we might have to try to do something about that if he doesn't do it on his own soon.  Otherwise, everything was good.  Brody had a good solid heartbeat of 140 and is still moving a lot so I'm guessing he's not too cramped yet and still having fun in there. 

32 Weeks

   

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are already 32 weeks! It has gone so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You look adorable! Can't wait to see you :).

      Delete
  2. We can't wait to see you and Greg!!! You look beautiful...so glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete