Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

Last Thursday, we had a doctor's appointment and we got an ultrasound!  I don't ever expect an ultrasound, so it's a really nice surprise when we do get one.  Obviously, we love to hear the beat our our little Bean's heart, but it's even better to get to SEE the Little's heart!  He was taking breaths and his heart was beating crazy fast.  According to Dr. P he is taking his sweet time to turn, but he's on his way.  He is cross ways across my belly with his head on my left and his little booty on my right.  He kept putting his hand in front of his face, so we didn't get the best picture, but he still looked pretty cute to us (not that we're biased or anything).

We had a good weekend hanging out with family and friends.  On Sunday night, we went over to Grana & Granddad's house to celebrate Father's Day.  Greg had done such a great job with Mother's Day, so I had to try to live up to the very high standard he had set.  Greg had mentioned several times that he wanted his own "daddy diaper bag" in the form of a backpack for all of his father & son outings.  I thought that would be a great FD gift.  So, I bought him that and a gift card for a massage.  Being 6' 3" is not conducive to sleeping on a pullout hospital bed, and I thought a massage would be a nice gesture for him after our stay when Brody is born.  He really liked the backpack...success!  And I know he appreciates the gift card.  I KNOW Greg is going to make an excellent Dad.  He's great with all the kiddos we know and I can't wait to see him with his own son. 


   

2 comments:

  1. Awww...love the title "little bean". So glad that Greg had a good "first gestational father's day". I'm sure next year's celebration will be alot more exciting. Like the daddy bag. Em,you look wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily Beth you are absolutely adorable! I love that dress! I'm so excited I get to see you super soon!! :) Love the daddy diaper bag idea & it's very cute (I mean...manly lol. :)

    ReplyDelete