Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

This is obviously a special Mother's Day since it's the first one that I am celebrating it as an actual mother.  And I owe it all to God and Little Man.  Here he is on our way to church this morning.


 
 
We had a good day at church, a relaxing afternoon and then went over to Granna & Grandad's to celebrate.  Aunt Catherine, Uncle Gary, Jordan, Nanny & Paw Paw were there too.  Daddy and Brody gave me a sweet card (yes, Brody signed his own name) and Daddy got me exactly what I asked for.  You know you are officially a mom when you ask for something that is going to make life a little easier...a shout out to my new Shark Steam Mop!  And Brody got me a book that Daddy suggested I might like.  : )  Thanks to my two men for making Mother's Day special! 
 
 









And today I was thinking back to the two years of Mother's Days were I wanted to be a mother and wasn't.  And then last year even though I wasn't a mother, I felt such a sense of joy to be pregnant on Mother's Day.  And now, here I am.  Those two years and even last year seem like so long ago.  It's even hard to remember the pain and sadness that I felt for so long, yet at the time I felt like it would never go away.  And now there is such joy.  Joy in my heart, joy in our house and joy in our lives.  Every day is not perfect and sometimes being a mom is a lot of work.  But it is so totally worth it.  I feel so blessed to be Brody's mom and so blessed to have so many wonderful mothers in my life.  Mothers who can help me in my own journey as a mom.  And of course on this Mother's Day I'm thankful for my mom.  She was so supportive as we longed and waited for Little Bear to come into our lives and for the 29+ years before that.  She is caring and kind and words can not express how much she means to me and how much I love her.  Today I rest my head so happy and so blessed and so grateful.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

"You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy." Psalm 30:11


 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Babe! I'm glad you had a great 1st Mother's Day. You deserve all the joy that you are experiencing now. When I hear how joyful and happy you are, it makes my heart smile. :) Love you very much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the words from one of my favorite movies, Hope Floats...."My (our) cup runneth over". I know everyone in our extended families feels like this when God has blessed us with so many new, precious lives. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an amazing mommmy! ...I always knew that this would be the beginning of your "mommy-hood" story. That you would love that which you had longed for...being a Mom! That the blessings would far outweigh the long wait. And that God would receive the glory. We ARE so happy for you and Greg. And we sooo love little bear. Can't wait to kiss that little boy!

    ReplyDelete