Monday, October 22, 2012

God Is My Foundation

"Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain." Psalm 127:1

Brody was dedicated last Sunday and the spiritual meaning of his name is "God is My Foundation" and Psalm 127:1 is the verse the pastor picked especially for Brody that goes with the meaning. If you remember way back when (before I could officially commit to naming Brody "Brody") I felt a lot of pressure in coming up with a name that "fit" our little man. I cared about the meaning of the name too. Greg on the other hand didn't so much care about the meaning, but just wanted a good name. He told me that we could just use the meaning that the church would use when we dedicated him. Brody means Scottish castle which isn't a bad meaning, but it also isn't in any way super meaningful to us. So, I like that they used his meaning (castle=building), but made it spiritual. Brody's middle name is James which is special to us (particularly me) because it is my Dad's name. It means "follow". Now that I have Brody, I've never been more aware or concerned about someone coming to know the Lord. I know as a Christian, I should share God's love with everyone, but now with Brody it is this burning need for him to know and have a real relationship with Christ. I am joyful that I have a Christian husband to make a commitment with to be parents that will pray for our child(ren) and try our best (with God's grace) to train him to be a Godly man. So, Brody my prayer for you my sweet boy is that you will know the Lord as your savior, that he would be your foundation and that you would follow him all the days of your life.
Little man looked extra cute on the day of his dedication
in his little church clothes.

During the dedication service.

We really did pay attention to the service and take it seriously, but Brody is SO 
cute he's a little distracting.

1 comment:

  1. Little man looks so handsome, what a beautiful family. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete