Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Adoring Fans

A couple weekends ago, Nana and Poppy came to visit and it was wonderful.  SO sweet and special to be able to spend time with my parents and just have them love on little man.  Mom and Dad came to Houston to buy a car they actually bought online (very modern of them).  So Friday night we went to the dealership with them to check out their new sweet ride.  Saturday was a day devoted entirely to loving on Brody and eating Shipley doughnuts. (One of my personal favorite things about when my parents come is that my Dad always buys doughnuts which I have to eat, right?)  Sunday we went to church and checked out our new interim pastor, went to China Inn for lunch of course and loved on Brody some more.  Sunday night Greg's parents came over for pizza and games.  After a rocky start, my dad ended up winning and we all had a good time.  OH, and I loved that every five seconds all weekend long I could hear my mom say, "Oh, Jim look at _________" (referring to something Brody was doing).  So cute!  AND I loved that Poppy got a smile and/or laugh from Brody everytime he looked at him or talked to him.  Seriously.every.time!  It was such a perfect and relaxing weekend! 




Then this past weekend, Greg's parents watched Brody so that Greg and I could go on a real live actual date.  Now, don't get my wrong, we've left Brody with them for small group and other occasions, but never so that just the two of us could go out.  It was a.mazing!  We went to dinner at one of Greg's favorite Italian places, Hasta la Pasta.  It was such a nice night that we were able to dine outdoors.  Then went to a movie (which I don't think we've done in six or so months).  We saw Silver Linings Playbook.  I personally really liked it.  It's rough around the edges, but made me laugh and had a good ending.  I wish we would have taken a picture because I was actually dressed with my hair done!  Why do I not take advantage of these rare opportunities, but I guess you'll just have to trust me.  Anyway, it was some much needed time out of the house with my hubs. 

Grandparents, in a word, are awesome.  I think the four of them will be starting Brody's official fan club soon in case you're interested in joining. 

2 comments:

  1. So glad y'all had a great visit with your family and that you were able to get out on a date! Times like those make all the difference in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for having us for the game night and pizza! Your parents are always so much fun, and the bbq pizza was A-mazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete