Thursday, August 2, 2012

All Things Baby

We are still feeling the effects of not having our precious furry girl in our lives, but are looking forward to the joy that we know is coming with Brody's arrival.  Now that we are in the "it could technically happen any day now" mode it should seem very real, but it still seems totally surreal.  We've had nine months (plus two years) to prepare for this and it still is hard to believe that we will have a son so soon.  We have been totally focused on all things baby.  We have also been crazy spoiled by our friends and family.  I have had two amazing showers.  The first one was hosted on July 21st by my accountability girls for my Sunday School (yes, I'm old school and call it Sunday School).  The theme was "Cute As a Button".


Food...delish!

It's hard to tell, but there are button in the bottom of the flower vase
and on the picture frames...so cute!





Marianne is master of the cakes!  Of course it
had to have buttons!


Praying for Baby Brody.

The sweet hostesses.


Brody's amazing goodies!

My second shower was the following weekend, July 28th and was as lovely and perfect as the first.  It was hosted by two of my dear friends, my sister-in-law and my mom-in-law.  My sweet sister made the terribly boring drive from Dallas to be there for the shower and was able to stay for the weekend.

If you can't tell...there is a donut hole tree in the center of the
table.  How awesome is that?!
The sweet ladies that attended brought books
 instead of cards.

Sad that I did not get a picture with all the hostesses, but two
of the four are on the outsides of this picture.
My sweet sis!


The Kraus Women
 (Kraus Hostesses on the left)

After the first shower (a few days before my second shower), we had my 36 week appointment.  We found out that Brody was still Breech and my doctor recommended (since we were hoping to not have a c-section) for an inversion.  She had mentioned this at previous appointments since Brody had been breech for awhile, but I did not realize everything that an inversion entailed.  Come to find out, it is done at the hospital in case the inversion either breaks your water or the baby does not respond well.  Either case could call for an emergency c-section.  Yikes!  So, after the appointment and hearing this news (we could potentially have a baby in a matter of days) we high tailed it home and got the nursery completely put together.  So, I can now reveal the pictures (even though I don't think the pictures do it justice).  It is such a sweet and calm room which is exactly what I wanted.  I took a few at night and in the morning, so you can see it both ways.





"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward
from him." Psalm 127:3 (Verse in the picture frame)

36 Weeks






We had the inversion on Monday (July 30th).  It was painful, but successful.  I lived to tell about it and Brody is now head down!  We had our 37 week appointment today and I am grateful to say that he is still head down!  Dr. P does not think he will flip back at this point which is great news.  So, now we are seriously ready for the arrival of our precious baby Brody and we can not wait to meet him!  






7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the nursery!!!! Please bring more pictures tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, em... I love the nursery! So beautiful, so calm, so ready for that precious baby boy. You look BEAUTIFUL...so sad that I could not be at your shower(s). So glad Cathy and Sarah could be there! Thanks for the post. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nursery is gorgeous!!! :) just SO happy and excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! Love the nursery. Wishing so much I could be there to share this part of the journey with you. Miss you so much friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at those pennants - you go girl!!! The room is perfect and waiting for that little miracle - I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the room! It is beautiful and so sweetly decorated! I know you and Greg will spend many amazing moments in that room. The shower was fun!

    ReplyDelete